Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HOUSE RENT INCREASE .. CAN ANY ONE PREVENT THIS??

Are you own a house? Then you are the king.

In the present scenario, the chennities are very much suffering for want of house.  I would like to share my experience with you.  I came to Chennai last year and I have been searching searching for a house and finally I thought I am lucky I got one house.  The house total sq feet around 450 and I paid rent Rs.4500/- per month and the current bill is Rs.5/per unit (though the government is charging the slab rate). After six months time I was experienced enough with the house owner.  You know they are charging Water charges, cleaning charges.  Apart from that the advance is 10 times of the rent.  

It is very difficult to get house for rent so the rain is on the head of house owners.  If we are not agreeing for that means we have to vacate the house.

Is there any remedy for this?????

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and posting your comments.Following remedies are suggested:
    1.Did you sign a Lease Agreement on Stamped Paper? If not do so next time - ensure minimum Lease period of 3 years extendable upto 5 years. Get a good lawyer to draft the Agreement.
    2.Always avoid staying in a house where the landlord is staying above or below you. This could be a great nuisance!Preferably the landlord should be staying very far away so that he/she cannot visit you often. Preferably choose a house where the land lord is in another city/town/or State.
    3.If he threatens to evict you ignore it. He cannot forcibly evict you !He wont normally go to court as legal recourse is expensive and time consuming considering the slow speed at which Indian courts work.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions Mr.Ramakrishnan. Thanks for dropping to my blog.

    ReplyDelete